- Are you an innovative and talented Java developer?
- Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, agile team that is building a trans-Tasman product?
- Do you want to help redefine the HR / Payroll industry’s expectations of what makes great software?
We’re rolling out and continuing to build a product called Jemini which we believe will revolutionise web-based HR / Payroll software. We need more developers with the right skills and personality to fit in with our Jemini development team.
What you’ll do:
You’ll work closely with our Business Analysts, Designers, Managers, and other Developers. Our agile development environment is implementing a versatile solution to some tricky web development problems.
Based in our Wellington, Christchurch or Adelaide offices, you will join our trans-Tasman Jemini Development Team. As a member of the team, you will be involved in developing, testing, launching and iterating our new Jemini product. As we work in an agile environment, you’ll need to manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of the team.
While you'll be part of a focused development team, the wider friendly and incredibly supportive environment is celebrated with regular events and a company-wide spirit that makes Fusion5 a great workplace!
Who we’re looking for:
- Proven experience maintaining development and deployment environments at both the client and server level
- The ability to publish good documentation to help people use the information and features you’ve built
- Excellent communication skills - really important when working across remote teams
- You'll be comfortable explaining the code you build to your fellow team mates, whether they be developers, designers or analysts
- You'll be comfortable working within an agile development methodology and have experience working to agile delivery timeframes
- You’ll enjoy the challenge of trouble-shooting
- At least five years postgraduate experience developing Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) applications
- Experience with Java frameworks
- Sound understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and design
- Experience in database design (MS SQL Server)
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience using Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Azure App Services
- Experience in building pipelines in GitHub actions and Azure pipelines
- Experience using version control systems like Git
- Experience building new products
What’s on offer:
Investment in people is a priority at Fusion5. We offer training certifications, career development paths and a whole range of opportunities to grow and develop professionally. Additional staff benefits include company bonus scheme, birthday leave, discounted gym memberships, flexible working, volunteer day, free annual flu jabs plus more. We have regular social occasions at all our offices, champion our own sports teams, and organise outings and events to suit all tastes.
Fusion5 is proud to be a diverse, inclusive, and forward-thinking employer. We value, encourage and support our employees to be their best selves, and make their own potential reality, as well as our customers, and your colleagues.
If you are energetic and enthusiastic, with a desire to make an impact within a consulting and solutions environment, then we would like to hear from you.