- What you’ve got, is what you’ve got. No more upgrades, period. The feature-set will be frozen to current application level
- Kiss your support goodbye. As of 1 April 2019, there won’t be any more hotfixes from Microsoft. And as the support contract has finished, they’re under no obligation to fix your – or anyone else’s issues.
- Lack of surety. You’ll have no guarantee for uptime / availability.
- Compatibility crises. Backend services (Azure SQL) could break compatibility – as has been seen with TLS 1.2 version requirements.
- Stuck in time. You won’t have any access to newer ISV options.
- An expensive future. If you don’t upgrade now, you’ll find that a future upgrade will be expensive and require extensive testing / re-implementation.
It doesn’t take much reading between the lines to see that we don’t recommend staying put on v7.3.
In just 4-6 weeks1 we can get you upgraded to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations v8.1 and looking good.
1 Timeframe depends on a number of factors, any existing code overlayering will require additional time to move to extensions.